This summer the Bay is turning it ON!
Get along to the T20 double header at Bay Oval on 7 March, with the WHITE FERNS v England followed by BLACKCAPS v Australia. We’ve sorted you out with everything you need to know to enjoy the cricket in the sunny Bay!
THE EPIC LINE-UP:
- WHITE FERNS v England - Sun 7 Mar 2021 12:00pm
- BLACKCAPS v Australia - Sun 7 Mar 2021 4:00pm
Get your tickets here.
- BLACKCAPS v West Indies - Sun 29 Nov 2:00pm (T20)
- BLACKCAPS v West Indies - Mon 30 Nov 7:00pm (T20)
- BLACKCAPS v Pakistan - Sat 26 Dec - Wed 30 Dec 11:00am (Test series)
HOW CAN I GET THERE?
If you’re planning to drive, there’s plenty of on street parking around Bay Oval (but get in quick, it tends to fill up fast). Otherwise, grab an Uber for convenience, walk or ride a Lime Scooter if it’s close, or hop on the Bayhopper CityLink line at your closest stop and get off at either of the following stops:
- Totara Street – opposite Blake Park, or;
- Maunganui Road – fronting No. 480
WHAT CAN I BRING?
Grab a big bag and chuck in all your cricket essentials; sunnies, hat, sunblock, a small fold out chair or something small and comfy to sit on, a drink (just make sure it’s no bigger than a litre and not the alcoholic kind!) and of course a few nibbles.
Find out all you need to know about what you can and can’t bring along, here.
WHAT GOODIES CAN I BUY THERE?
If you get a bit peckish or parched, never fear as there’ll be plenty of local vendors onsite serving up a range or food and drinks. There’ll also be a pop-up shop for all your favourite BLACKCAPS and WHITE FERNS merch. Don’t worry if you forgot your cash as there’ll be EFTPOS available throughout.
WHAT'S CLOSE BY TO EAT AND DRINK?
There’s a bunch of cool cafés within walking distance of Bay Oval for you to load up on caffeine and delicious food beforehand. Here’s a few of our picks:
- Tay Street Store – this beachfront spot has some of the Mount’s best coffee and there’s some seriously good sweet treats too
- Mixture Eatery – just around the corner, the cabinet food here will have you drooling within seconds
- Eddies & Elspeth – get the best of both worlds with a delightful café alongside an on-site bakery…the food here is YUM.
When you’re all cricketed out, head along to The Rising Tide for the most delicious dumplings and a few pints of their local brews. Or, if you’re feeling a bit fancy, head on down to Fife Lane for some vintage wine and some seriously amazing food.
ITINERARIES & TRAVEL IDEAS
Want more inspiration on what to do and see in the Bay? We’ve got you covered. Check out some of our awesome itineraries.